Table Mountain in Cape Town
Table Mountain is one of South Africa’s greatest landmarks and towers 1 086m above the City of Cape Town.
It is visible from as far as 200 km out to sea on clear days and is often covered with cloud called the tablecloth. A revolving cable car carries visitors up and down in about 5 minutes and numerous walking and hiking paths lead up and across Table Mountain. Spectacular views of the city, the Cape peninsula, the coastline and the ocean can be seen from 11 viewpoints on the summit.
Table Mountain is more than a place of dramatic scenic beauty, it is also a place of richly diverse flora. Over 1 470 plant species occur on the mountain, more than in the British Isles. Complimenting this is the fauna such as the Table Mountain Ghost Frog that is found nowhere else in the world. Consider yourself the poorer if you did not see Cape Town from this majestic mountain.
If you do not have your own transport in the city, buses and taxis are available to transport you from the City to the Cableway. You can also join various scheduled day tours that will include Table Mountain.
- Bus, The Camps Bay Bus will drop you off at Kloof Nek. They depart from Adderley Street outside the Golden Acre. It is a 1.5 km walk uphill from Kloof Nek to the Lower Cable Station.
- Minibus taxis, depart from outside the Post Office on Plein Street next to the Grand Parade.
- Riki taxis
Riki taxis will collect you from anywhere in the city and transport you to the Cableway. You can call for a Riki taxi on (021) 423 4888.
- Topless Tours, The explorers topless buses offers guided tours that drop off at the Lower Cable Station.
- The Cable-way does not take bookings due to the fact that they are weather dependent!
- The cable cars depart every 10-15 minutes
- The operating times vary from 08h00 in the morning in summer (08h30 in winter) to 22h00 in summer (18h00 in winter).
- Please contact the Tableway Company at (021) 424 8181 to find out about operational status, weather conditions on the top as well as visibility before heading off.
- Also check out special offers like 'Wine and Ride' (inclusive of a restaurant meal with a superb view), Sunset Special Half Price, SA Pensioners and more.
- Prices normally start from as little as R 58 for children under 18 to about R 115 per adult in summer time (return fairs).
Kruger Safari Winner
Reviews & Feedbacks
- International Countries
- Mauritius Reviews
- Egypt Holidays
- Kruger Park Reviews
- Overland Adventures
- Cape Town Tours