Namibia Travel & Tourism
The country of Namibia is a land of contrasts located between in the southern regions of Africa, with huge desert plains to the thirsty riverbeds, while the Etosha National Park is filled with wild animals gathering at waterholes, a destination that will calm one's soul and spirit.
Geography Information (More Detailed info); This beautiful destination is divided in diverse landscapes along with its own magnitude and tourist attractions.
- Namib, is running along the west coast consisting of immigrating sand dunes, dry riverbeds and canyons.
- Skeleton Coast is forming fart on the Namib desert located int Namibia's northern parts.
- Central Plateau, the region with towns and small villages between mountain ridges open sand plains.
- Kalahari, east & north inland is this red sand desert with infrequent farming districts.
- Kaokoland or Kaokoveld, is in the country's north-western corner in the Kunene Region with the Himba Tribes.
- Caprivi Strip & Kavango, a area by green wilderness with munificent rainy seasons.
Other interested facts about Namibia:
- Money Matters
- Required Clothing
- Health and Safety
- Accommodation & Food
- Social Behaviour
- Useful Addresses
- Entry Requirements
Area Size: 824 290 km² (317 880 sq miles)
Currency: Namibian Dollar, N$
Official language: English
Namibian People & Tribes:Ovambo, Kavango, Herero, Himba, Damara, Nama, Topnaars, Reboth Basters, Bushmen and Tswanas.
Other languages: Afrikaans, German, Herero and Owambo
Time: GMT +1 (Apr-Aug), GMT +2 (Sept-Mar)
Telephone country code: +264
Electricity: 220/240V uses 3-pin plug
Namibia Location, Google Detailed Street Map and How to get There.
Kruger Safari Winner
Reviews & Feedbacks
- International Countries
- Mauritius Reviews
- Egypt Holidays
- Kruger Park Reviews
- Overland Adventures
- Cape Town Tours