How Safe is it to Travel & Tour in South Africa?
Better Safe than Sorry
The following are proved basic safety precautions that all sensible visitors should take to ensure their holidays are as pleasant and safe as possible:
- Never leave your luggage unattended.
- Safety deposit box are there for all valuables.
- Locked your room when when going out for the day.
- Use venue staff to deliver needed items.
- Hand-in your room keys to the reception desk when you leave the hotel.
On the Street
- Avoid ostentatious displays of expensive jewellery, cameras & other valuables.
- Use credit cards wherever possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash around, use Visa cards at the shops.
- At night don't go far from your venue, transport close early.
- It's always better to explore in groups when leaving the regular routes.
- Plan your route beforehand and save transport cost.
- Buy a area map to get the way around.
- A policeman or traffic officer will be glad to direct you, if you're lost.
- If you want a taxi, your hotel or nearest tourism information office can recommend a reliable service.
- Plan your route in advance to save fuel.
- Lock your items in the trunk.
- At night, park in well-lit areas.
- Never pick up strangers, there enough transport available.
- If lost, phone a police station for advise.
- If you are stopped by a policeman or traffic officer, request to see their identification cards and record names and cell number for futher information later.
- You will never be required to pay cash to a traffic or police officer for traffic violations or other citations. Fines are only ever paid at Magistrate Courts, the Traffic Department or municipal offices. You will always be issued a formal printed receipt. If you are denied these rights, report the matter IMMEDIATELY to the nearest Police Station.
South Africa is tourist - friendly, comparable wit 5 Star service ,advise and help is everywhere, expect good help from people thats responsible to supply you of help needed.
Courtesy of SATOUR
Kruger Safari Winner
Reviews & Feedbacks
- International Countries
- Mauritius Reviews
- Egypt Holidays
- Kruger Park Reviews
- Overland Adventures
- Cape Town Tours