Monday - Thursday: 09h00 - 17h00
Friday: 09h00 - 16h00
Closed on weekends
We are here for you
- To offer an African Safari that suits your needs, budget & requirements, is paramount to us.
- We go out of our way to ensure that you have a trip of a life-time.
The personal African touch
At Getaway Africa you are dealing with experienced african consulants and agents that have been to where travelers want to go.
From the first email you send us to arriving back home, we make sure that visitors can relax and have the best Safari or Tour of a lifetime. We take great pride in providing a professional service, ensuring that visitors tours runs smoothly from the planning stages to the actual travel.
Partnering with SafariBookings.com
Getaway Africa is represented on SafariBookings.com.
For reviews and and feedback you can visit www.safaribookings.com
Discounted rates on accommodation, tours & safaris, overlanding
Because of our huge travel channel network, we can often negotiate better rates on visitors behalf from the safari/tour operators, accommodation providers and car rental companies. If you find cheaper rates from another provider, please inform us as we strive to better our rates with each quote and offering clients the best possible package.
Getaway Africa has a large variety of tours, safaris, overlanding tours and accommodation. From train safaris, golf tours, bird watching, horse riding, adventure, fly-in safari tours, cultural tours, walking safaris, family tours, honeymoon breakaways to holistic wellness. If we do not have it, we will find it. Whether you would like to do it yourself with a self-drive package or enjoy the comfort of an escorted organised tour, we can cater for all your needs.
At Getaway Africa travel and tours we love to share our experiences and our expertise of living and travelling in our countries. Read through the country & health advisories to get more information on your destinations.
On call 24/7
From the moment you land in the country until you leave this fascinating continent, we will only be a phone call away - 24 hours, 7 days a week. There is always one of our managers on call. You can relax with the peace of mind that if you need anyone at any time, a member of our professional travel team is ready to assist you.
Telephone: (021) 982 6164
Calling from outside SA: 00 27 21 982 6164
Faxing from inside SA: (086) 614 1071
Faxing from outside SA: 0027 86 614 1071
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 150 Buitekant Street, Cape Town, SouthAfrica, 7560.
The Owner : Getaway Africa Adventures CC
Registration number : 2002/088251/23
Member/ Consultant : Annelie Vermeulen
Member/ Consultant : Gert Vermeulen
Consultant : Tiaan Theron
Getaway Africa has a long history in the tourism industry since the early days of the New South Africa just after the first democratic elections in 1994.
Today we are proud to be a registered online travel booking company committed to our clients' needs. We are passionate about this magnificent continent and dedicated to showcase her beauty to those who visit her. Its founding member, Rikus Visser, started in 1994 to get to know the continent from head to toe when working for an overland company and getting to know and falling in love with the whole of Southern and East-Africa. In 1997 he and 3 friends drove from England through the whole of African continent and arriving in Cape Town after 8 months. In 1999 he envisage to promote SA in Australia and together with a tour operator company in Australia, the company was born.
In 2002, the company was officially registered in SA as Getaway Africa.
Today the company is an online tour operator with its entire staff dedicated to assisting our clients, ensuring the best possible itinerary for each individual need at the best prices. Personal service is our motto. Our passion is our continent and our desire is that every client will come back time after time. We have a huge network of operators, hotels, tour companies and safari outfitters who will ensure that your every need is taken care of.
We strive to answer all queries before the end of each working day - Monday to Friday. Thus you can be certain that one of our consultants will respond to your needs as quick as possible and the frustration of waiting for a reply that normally never come, is over.
Getaway Africa clients
Clients are from all over the world - from local South Africans to people from Iceland. All of them have trusted us and many of them have returned to this amazing continent and still make use of our services. Our customers are the most important people in the world. Try our service and be overwhelmed by professionalism, support, an itinerary that will suit your budget and style and an unforgettable holiday.
We have invested a lot to ensure that your web experience with us is of the highest standards by implementing the following:
- Hosting the web site in the United Kingdom ensures the quickest download time
- The site is written in HTML5, one of the latest coding languages ensuring that you will be able to view our site correctly in all major browsers like IE, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Even browsing on a PDA and mobile phone will cause no problem.
- Daily updates of critical information ensures that you have the latest news at your fingertips.
- Search facilities to ensure providing you with the relevant information as quick as possible.
We have streamlined the process to make it as easy as possible for the user. Security and offering 100% privacy of our clients' detail is paramount.
- Send us an enquiry about an existing product or requesting a completely individual package.
- When requesting a single service, we will be able to give you most often an availability status immediately.
- When you require an individual package, we will have a final draft of your request within a few emails.
- To start the booking process, we would need a completed booking form. These booking forms are generally attached to quotes.
- We will confirm availability of these services and will often make a provisional booking. The provisional booking will have no obligation, however no booking is guaranteed until we have received a deposit. Please read through our Terms & Conditions.
- Upon acceptance from you of the final price, we send you an electronic invoice together with a credit card authorisation form.
- Faxing us this completed form, we do a secure credit card transaction via a credit card terminal registered to Ned-Bank, South Africa. This ensures that your credit card details are not send through the Internet, no one but us has access to it and it stays 100% secure.
- Upon approval, we will send you a receipt and within 24 hours all your vouchers in electronic format which can be handed to each individual service provider during your holiday.
If you request one service, the process from requesting to payment can be as quick as 30 minutes. With many tours you will receive upon arrival a complete high quality folder with brochures, copies of your vouchers, maps, extra information, complete itinerary, contact details in case of an emergency and much more to assist you with your travels. You can rest with the peace of mind that we are only a phone call away during your whole travel 24 hours, 365 days a year.