Deep in the heart of the Okavango Delta on the remote Nxaraga Island, an authentic and enchanting African safari camp.
Journey down to Camp Okavango accommodation, nestled within Botswana’s spectacular Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta. Trapped in a basin of Kalahari Desert sand, this freshwater oasis attracts a large number of animal species that depend on the permanent water source. The Okavango Camp on Nxaraga Island takes advantage of its perfect location to provide guests with the ultimate safari experience.
IDEAL FOR: Honeymoon Couples, Family Vacations, Small Business Group Holidays.
What makes the Camp Okavango unique?
- Water-based luxury tented camp in Botswana.
- Perfect location on the Nxaraga remote island in the Okavango Delta.
- Water-based game viewing and game drive activities (vehicles not possible).
- Bird watcher's paradise.
- Anglers may pit their skill against Bream and Tiger Fish.
- Accommodation up to 24 guests only.
- Lodge only accessible by flight.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
Dining- The lodge dining room leads onto an expansive open-air patio for evenings around the fireside
Bird Watching Hide - A secluded bird-viewing hide to view the amazing bird
life of the Okavango
Plunge Pool - A sun deck with plunge pool for relaxing during the hot midday
Curio shop - Selling authentic curios and souvenirs
Camp Okavango Airstrip - Privately owned and maintained by Desert & Delta Safaris & CAAB licensed.
Camp Okavango operates on AC 220V generator power (available during the day & evening). Tents are equipped with a 220 volt AC plug, suitable for hair dryers, cameras and video batteries. Power is switched off at night and inverted 12 volt DC lighting provides room and bathroom illumination through the night.
Drinks Policy - All local branded drinks are included in your stay.
Laundry Policy - Laundry service is available daily and included in your stay.
Extras - Curios & tips/gratuitous can be billed to the room & settled on check out. Payment accepted by cash (ZAR, US$, British Sterling, Euro and Pula) or the Visa/MasterCard
Gratuity - Tipping at your own discretion. The suggested guideline is US$5 per person per day (Camp Staff) and US$10 per person per day to the Guide
ROOMS & TENTS
In total the Camp Okavango has 12 East-African style safari tents:
- 11 x Twin bedded tents
- 1 x Jesse Suite (ideal for honeymooners)
- 2 x Guide/Pilot tents
The Okavango camp can accommodate a maximum of 24 guests
- Luxurious safari tents with sliding glass doors on raised platforms
- En-suite bathrooms (shower, hand basin and toilet)
- Private teak viewing decks
- Fans in all guest rooms
- 220V Plug points
- African bio degradable soaps, conditioning shampoo, hand wash, body lotion with insect repellent and shower caps
- Hairdryer available from the reception
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Battery operated reading lights, desk light and bathroom light
- Small safe
- Emergency air horn
- Guided nature walks
- Mokoro (canoe)
- Motorised boating trips
- Exceptional bird watching opportunities
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h30 - Early morning wakeup call
06h00 - Light continental breakfast is served in the dining area
06h30 - Leave for morning activity (approximately 3 - 4 hours)
11h30 - Brunch is served at the dining area
15h00 - Afternoon tea is served in the beautiful open - air patio
15h30 - Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
18h30 - Arrive back at lodge
19h30 - Dinner is served at the dining area
05h00 - Early morning wakeup call
05h30 - Light continental breakfast is served in the dining area
06h00 - Leave for morning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
11h00 - Brunch is served at the dining area
15h30 - Afternoon tea is served in the beautiful open-air patio
16h00 - Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
19h00 - Arrive back at lodge
20h00 - Dinner is served at the dining area