Nestled within a beautiful tropical tidal estuary along the coast of Inhambane, Mozambique. A popular retreat for honeymooners couples.
The Flamingo Bay Water Lodge is an eco-paradise deriving its name from the flocks of flamingos that inhabit the lagoon surrounding the lodge. The picturesque azure lagoon is surrounded by indigenous vegetation and palms, and fringed by white beaches of the Bara Peninsula. The Flamingo Bay Water Lodge offers 20 luxury chalets constructed over the clear waters of the lagoon.
*Children under 12yrs not allowed
*The Lodge is not on the open sea, but located on a peaceful tidal estuary and tidal changes can be expected as any coastal resort.
IDEAL FOR: Honeymooners, Couples & Families
What makes the Flamingo Bay Water Lodge unique?
- Over-water chalets raised by stilts in Mozambique
- Tropical retreat less than 2 hours flight away from Johannesburg
- Well equipped African Spa guarantees your stay with some pampering
- Padi Dive Centre at the Bara Resorts (sister hotel)
- Wide range of both land and water based activities available
Overlooking the swimming pool at the main building, the restaurant serves the freshest seafood and great choices on your meals.
The bar is fully stocked with frosty cocktails and local Mozambican beer.
The stylish restaurant serves the best in local cuisine and the gourmet menu boasts the ultimate in fresh seafood.
If seafood is not your fancy there are always chicken or meat dishes as an alternative, as well as an extensive vegetarian menu.
A nice alternative is to visit the neighboring Bara Lodge (sister hotel to Flamingo Bay Water Lodge) – for a more beach vibe. Regular land rover transfers happen between these two lodges.
- Swimming pool
- Wooden walkways
- Coffee shop
- Conference centre
- Curio Shop
- Wi-Fi access available at the main building
The Flamingo Bay Spa therapists have many years of international training and experience. Treatments are designed to minimize fuss and maximize relaxation and pleasure. The spa offers a wide range of treatments and massages to suit all needs.
- Scuba from the PADI Gold Palm status dive cente - sightings of dolphins, Manta Rays, sea horses & whale sharks is an absolute once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon.
- Ocean Safaris - For clients that don't like getting wet. A journey out into the ocean to spot whale sharks and giant Manta rays and also dolphins and whales in season.
- Leisurely catamaran safaris in the Inhambane lagoon - A luxury 33 foot catamaran offers comfort and style with drinks and snacks.
- Charter Boat Fishing - Some of the most spectacular sport fishing in the world is offered along the Mozambique coastline.
- Dhow Trips - Built from designs of a thousand years ago, every Mozambique sunset or view of the horizon is always interspersed with the familiar triangular sail and handcrafted boat.
- Mangroves - A saltwater mangrove with crystal clear waters can be explored by boat as well as on foot. Flocks of flamingo's, local fish traps and beautiful sunsets over the estuary make for any photographers dream.
- Sightseeing - A trip to nearby Inhambane, an attractive city steeped in history, surrounded by coconut palm.
- Horse Riding - Guided horse ride on the beach, a once in a lifetime experience. A selection of mounts are available. Finish with a gallop along the beach – for the thrill of a lifetime.
- Quad Biking - Quad biking through the coconut plantations allows for an experience of the real Mozambique through local villages. Quad biking prohibited on the beaches.
The Flamingo Bay Water Lodge offers tastefully decorated 20 air-conditioned water chalets spread out into the lagoon. All chalets have en suite bathrooms with inside and outside showers, wide opening sliding doors open onto the deck and an outside deck with loungers. When the tide is up swimming from your chalet is a real treat. As it withdraws, you can then take a stroll on the exposed sands and explore the surrounding areas.
- Hair dryer
- En-suite bathrooms
- Twin or double beds
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Sliding doors
- Hand crafted furniture