Part of the luxury Emerald Collection, the Hideaway of Nungwi offers some of the fincest oceanfront settings in the world on the north-western coast of Zanzibar, absence of strong tides.
The 5 star deluxe Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa is surrounded by exotic gardens of tropical plants, wooden steps lead gently down to the beach of Nungwi. Only 55 minutes from the airport and the capital of Zanzibar, Stone Town. The perfect hideaway for couples, families and friends.
The Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa is part of the luxury Emerald Collection Resorts. and features expansive ocean front accommodations, each with private porch/balcony and garden with stunning views of the Indian Ocean.
IDEAL FOR: Honeymooners, Couples, Families, Groups, Weddings & Conferences
What makes the Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa unique?
- 5 Star deluxe property in Zanzibar
- Located on the enchanting shores of the Nungwi coastline
- One of the finest oceanfront settings on the Island
- Absence of strong tides make it ideal for snorkeling
- Hideaway Spa & Health Club offers an extensive range of spa services
- Hide & Seek Kids Club for 4-12yr old's
View our package cost and pricing
Half Board / All Inclusive
RESTAURANTS & BARS
Aqua Restaurant - Main restaurant, overlooking the beach and features indoor air-conditioned and al fresco dining.
Serves a lavish buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Live cook-ing stations offer pizza's, pasta's and Asian wok-fried dishes. On some evenings, themed buffets are served by the swimming pool.
Ishi-Teppanyaki - Next to the Aqua Restaurant, open for dinner, featuring the best of Oriental cuisine, the freshest sushi and sashimi and a teppanyaki counter - to dine and watch the chef at work.
Carnivorus & More - Specialises in exotic meats cooked over char-coal, offering a taste of all things African. A variety of meats prepared include springbok, ostrich, impala, crocodile and wildebeest. Open for dinner, it also offers a range of seafood and vegetarian alternatives.
Sunset Bar - Located adjacent to the swimming pool and open throughout the day and late into the evening, it offers a comprehensive beverage selection including exotic Zanzibari-inspired cocktails. Afternoon tea is served daily, accompanied by a range of Tanzanian loose leaf teas and herbal infusio
ns. A snack menu is also available at lunch time.
Horizon Terrace Cigar & Shisha Lounge - Situated above the Sunset Bar, the perfect place to watch the sun setting over the island of Tumbatu. Creates a relaxed environment and welcoming couches,
the Lounge offers an excellent selection of cigars, shishas, wines and spirits.
The Makuti Beach Bar - Offers as escape from the midday heat with the ideal location to enjoy a refreshing cocktail or cold drink. A snack menu is also available over the lunch period, for those who cannot face leaving the beach...
WELLNESS & SPA
Indulge in the tranquility of our state of the art Hideaway Spa including relaxing body treatments, steam bath, and fully equipped fitness center. We offer a full range of spa services tailored to your needs.
Enjoy a relaxing massage with our Thai, Balinese and Indonesian massage therapists.The Hideaway Spa has a Jacuzzi pool where you can relax before and after treatments, steambath and a beauty center. Private changing rooms and toilets, an air-conditioned Fitness center with Technogym® equipment and personal trainers are available.
Hide & Seek Kids Club (ages 4-12 yrs free of charge). Trained staff entertain children with different activities, such as cooking and special “mocktail” lessons. Special menus for our little friends will be served at lunch and dinner. In-suite babysitting will be available at extra charge.
The following rooms are available to be booked for the event of your choice:
- 2 Executive Board Rooms
- An intimate atmosphere ideal for business meetings,training sessions or small private gatherings for 10-14 people
- 1 Main Ballroom
- The ballroom is ideal for every kind of event and can accommodate up to 140 seats.
Each room at the Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa has a private balcony with stunning views of the Indian Ocean and tropical gardens. All suites and villas are guarantee a private and peaceful environment, decorated with contemporary, stylish furniture that evoke the island’s heritage.
74 Luxury Junior Suites - 45 sqm with private balcony and spacious bathroom and innovative dressing room
13 Prestige Junior Suites - 51 sqm, located in the most panoramic corners of the resort with extra living space, private balcony and terrace, spacious bathrooms and dressing area.
Exclusive Privileged Area
The privileged area offera direct access to the garden beach, complimentary butler service, 24-hour room service, packing service and complimentary dining (by reservation) in our a la carte restaurants – Ishi Teppanyaki and Carnivorus. The exclusive privileged area is included in the following accomodations:
7 Luxury Superior Junior Suites - 54 sqm with private balcony and spacious bathroom, located in the area adjacent to the spa
2 Luxury Jacuzzi Suites - 90 sqm, 1 or 2 bathrooms with Jacuzzi and large balcony. Accommodates up to 4 guests with a large sofa bed located in the separate, spacious living room.
3 Prestige Beach Villas - 90 sqm, 2 bathrooms, private infinity pool, covered balcony and terrace. Accommodates up to 4 guest with a large sofa bed located in the separate, spacious living room.
1 Presidential Ocean Front Villa - 320 sqm with large private pool, Jacuzzi and private terrace. Consists of 3 spacious suites, bookable as separate units or all together. Includes an expansive living and dining area and two spectacular outdoor shower rooms decorated in fine mosaic.
- Satellite flat screen TV (32 or 42”)
- CD/DVD player
- Direct dial telephone
- Super king beds
- Modern bathroom with walk in shower
- Separate WC and bidet
- Dressing room and/or wardrobe
- Luggage rack
- Double hand basin
- Mosquito nets
- Personal safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Daily refreshed minibar
- Twice-daily maid service
- A beautiful secretaire
- Climate-controlled air-conditioning and overhead fans
- Private and furnished balcony or terrace.
- In-terconnecting rooms are available.
- Internet café
- Pool table
- Board games
- Table tennis
- 50m swimming pool (separate children’s pool)
- Tennis court
- Fitness centre
- Kayaking, hobie cat & windsurfing
- Guided tour of the Hideaway Botanical garden with local spices and fruit trees.
- Evening entertainment - local and international shows, live music and gala parties by thepool throughout the week.
Tours & Excursions
The Tour & Excursions Office is available by the living area on the beach.
- Visits Stone Town, cultural heart of Zanzibar and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- “Safari Blue”, offering lunch on a beautiful sandbank
- Trips to the Jozani Natural Forest Reserve, home to rare Red Colobus Monkeys
- Spice Plantations Tour to discover the history of Zanzibar, based on the trade of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and many other spices
- Visits to Prison Island, just off Stone Town, ideal for snorkelling and host to giant turtles originating from the Seychelles
- Cultural trips to ruins of Persian baths and Omani palaces
Water Sports School
Located next to the pool offers many water activities for the adventurous trav
eller including kite surfing, snorkelling, scuba diving and a full range of PADI courses, as well as other less rigorous pursuits.
The diverse aquatic life off Zanzibar’s coast includes frequent sightings of turtles and
dolphins, as well as occasional sightings of humpback whales and whale sharks. The
island’s magnificent 20+ dive sites offer variety and adventure for beginners trying
scuba for the first time, as well as for the more experienced divers.