Kakuli meaning ‘Old Buffalo Bull’ was the nickname given by the local people of the valley to the well-known Norman Carr. This campsite which forms part of the Norman Carr Safaris is known as the only true bush camp experience open in Luangwa’s green season.
Four lovely en-suite safari tents are elevated on a stretched riverbank of the Luangwa River and when the river gets high, guests can experience both walking and boating safaris. Kakuli Bush Camp offers exceptional game viewing opportunities where lions, leopards, hippos and crocodiles can be spotted as well as the spectacular views from the campsite, overlooking the confluence of the Luwi and Luangwa Rivers.
IDEAL FOR: Honeymoon Couples, Weekend Getaways in South Africa, Business Groups Holidays, Family Vacations.
What makes Kakuli Bush Camp unique?
- Offers four traditional walk-in safari tents
- En-suite bathrooms made with natural materials
- Amazing views over the Luangwa River
- Exceptional game viewing opportunities either by vehicle or walking safaris
- Famous for lion and leopard sightings
- Hundreds of hippos and crocodiles
- Open for Rivers and Rainbows green season
- All Inclusive