Karafuu Beach Resort & Spa is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar. Best known for its friendly service, excellent cuisine and great facilities. The Karafuu was also the winner of the Word Travel Awards "Tanzania's Leading Resort or Hotel" for 6 years running (2006-2011).
Only an hours drive away from Stone Town and Zanzibar Airport, the resort is traditionally styled in the local Zanzibar theme, with Makuti thatch and whitewashed coral. During low tide you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the Indian ocean. A pathway in front of the hotel leads to a permanent natural depression in the ocean, offering a natural swimming pool.
IDEAL FOR: Families, Couples, Groups & Honeymooners
What makes the Karafuu Berach Resort unique?
- Located on the east coast of Zanzibar
- Beautiful thatched bungalows only steps away from the beach
- Friendly amd welcoming staff
- Award winning hotel
- Spa Facilities
View our package cost and pricing
Karafuu Hotel has 89 rooms ranging from Garden Cottages to Junior Suites. Each has makuti (palm-thatch) roofs equipped with air-conditioners, ceiling fans, mosquito nets, mini-bars, telephones, impressive en-suite bathrooms, its own veranda with no televisions to keep the romantic atmosphere from being spoilt. Karafuu main lodge have satellite television, should guests like to catch up on latest news or sports.
Dining at Karafuu Resort is a real treat with different venues to choose from and you can even enjoy dinner on the beach, while guest have a choice of three amazing restaurants.
- 3 Restaurants
- 2 Bars
- Swimming Pool with kids pool
- Kinder Garden
- Watersports Centre (inl. Sea Fishing, Snorkeling & Diving)
- 2 floodlit tennis courts.
- Games Room with pool table, table tennis darts etc.
- Beach Volleyball & Bowls
- Guided Excursions
- 2 Conference Rooms
- Wireless Internet
- Luxury Reception and Lounge
- Car Rental
- Change Office
The Main Resturaunt with sea-view terraces serves a buffet breakfast, international lunches and themed dinners.
Grand Bleu Resturaunt, located on the beach-front facing the ocean, serves lunches, sandwiches and an à la carte menu for fresh seafood dinners.
The open air Floating Resturaunt, located 200 metres in front of Kae beach (opposite side of Michamvi peninsula) serves a lobster menu "All In" - opened upon request and tide permitting.
In addition the "Masai Village" (located within an African village, perfectly reproduced into Karafuu Hotel) opens once a week for Swahili dinners and folkloristic dance performances.
20 Bodeni Pool Garden Rooms - Set in lush gardens around the "bodeni pool".
28 Garden Rooms - Slightly smaller than the Cottages, situated on top of a gentle slope in lush tropical gardens
40 Cottages - Situated on a gentle slope behind the Junior Suites with limited sea views
26 Junior Suites - Situated along the beachfront with sea views
3 Suites - Beachfront & very spacious
2 Villas - Beachfront with 2 seperate bedrooms and private pool
Room Facilities: Independant Airconditioning, ceiling fan, mosquito nets, television, telephone, WiFi connection, mini bar, tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer & safe box
Sport Facilities, & Entertainment:
- Swimming pool including kiddies pool ( beach towels + sun-beds available ).
- TV area with digital satellite.
- Kids and adult games, billiards, parlour games, gaming-table, play cards, darts.
- Diving centre & windsurfing school with instructors
- 2 floodlit tennis courts.
- Volleyball and tennis table area.
- Bowls and cycling.
- Organised sport activities at Karafuu like a water gym and aerobics.
- Live Performances by local dancers, bands, acrobats and folklorist groups.
- Children's garden.
- Zanzibar Conference & Meeting halls for Business Delegates.