Situated on the waterfront node in Port Louis next to the Caudan Waterfront and the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, Le Suffren Hotel & Marina offers both business travellers and holiday makers alike a unique location in the capital of Mauritius.
Ideally located within walking distance of the central business district and close to the Pailles International Convention Centre and the Cybercity, Le Suffren is also within easy reach of the various cultural and tourist sites in Mauritius.
What makes the Le Suffren Hotel & Marina unique?
- Located in the heart of Port Louis, on the waterfront
- Spa & Gym Facilities
- Live music every friday
- Free shuttle service to Ebene Cybercity
- Conference facilities for up to 12 delegates
- Larger conference facilities at the Labourdonnais Hotel (225 seats) via water taxi
- Artificial white sandy beach
- Wide range of facilities available at the hotel including health centre
- Deap Sea Fishing, Catamaran trips & Golfing excursions available
Restaurants & Bar
La Boussole Restaurant (70 seats)
Whether overlooking the bustling marina or the palmed courtyard, La Boussole is perfect for relaxed entertaining. A trendy atmosphere, modern furnishings and table appointments make you feel as if you are on board a cruise liner ready to set sail. The restaurant offers light cuisine inspired by both Mauritius and the Mediterranean region. Open daily from 6:30 a.m to 10:30 p.m.
The Terrace (120 seats)
The Terrace, overlooking the beach, the swimming pool and the marina, is the perfect venue to sit back and watch the world go by as you savour a wide range of Mauritian snacks and salads served in the cooling shade of lush palm trees and broad promenade style umbrellas. Open daily from 6:30 a.m to 10:30 p.m.
Le Suffren guests may also choose from the three restaurants at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel (La Rose des Vents, l’Escale and La Terrasse). The hotels sharing the same billing system, each expense in either hotel will automatically be transferred to the client’s room account.
Spinnaker’s Concept Bar
The vibrant Spinnaker’s Concept Bar is designed for lively entertainment, while the quadraphonic plasma audiovisual systems allow our guests to enjoy the best sporting events in the world in real time. Every Friday evening, ‘Happy Hours’ enhance the usual merriment. An adjoining courtyard is the ideal private spot in which to enjoy an aperitif. For those who prefer a more relaxed place to chill out and meet others, then Latitude 20º Cocktail Bar is the ideal spot. This circular bar is one of the attractions of the Labourdonnais, Le Suffren’s sister hotel, and it takes on a very lively atmosphere every Friday afternoon with its “TGIF Happy Hour” and its groovy live jazz notes.
Conferences & Banquets
Le Suffren has a boardroom for up to 12 delegates.
- writing pad with pen
- screen • television
- video player
- overhead projector
- slide projector
- LCD projector
- laser pointer
- DVD player
Services & facilities
- Half day and full day conference packages
- Internet access
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
The unique atmosphere of the waterfront is an exciting and dramatic backdrop for any product launch or corporate function. The terrace can host up to 200 guests for cocktails while the courtyard can cater for 60. Should more extensive conference and banquets facilities be required, Le Suffren’s sister hotel, the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, can accommodate up to 225 participants, and is accessible directly via the “water taxi” service from the jetty in front of the hotel.
Le Suffren’s Business Centre is fully equipped to meet the needs of the modern business traveller. Facilities include two individual computer workstations complete with internet access, secretarial services, E-mail and fax facilities, photocopying & document binding.
Facing the marina or the mountains, the 100 bedrooms offer great levels of comfort in a modern décor.
- 87 Standard rooms, harbour or mountain view (30 m2)
- 11 Twin rooms (35 m2) (Include 10 interleading with Standard rooms)
- 2 Junior suites (55 m2)
All rooms are equipped with:
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Private bathroom with separate shower and bath
- Satellite TV channels
- Telephone with IDD
- Internet connection
- Connection for fax, computer and telephone battery charger
- Personal electronic safe
- Mini bar
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- 24h room service
- 37” Plasma screen TV
In the suites:
Le Suffren has a wide variety of leisure activities on offer, these include the open-air swimming pool as well as the artificial white sandy beach with thatched paillotes and palm trees alongside the marina. Sporty residents have full access to the gym, health centre, sauna and beauty salon at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel.
- Deep sea fishing charter (departure in front of the hotel) •
- Sightseeing and tours
- A day at the races
- Golf at a Resort Hotel
- Catamaran cruises everyday (departure in front of the hotel)
In the adjoining Caudan Waterfront and Port Louis
Extensive shopping and dining facilities are just a short water taxi ride from the hotel.
On the waterfront
- Theme casino
- 140 shops and the Craft Market
- A mix of restaurants and fast food outlets
- Day and night entertainment
- A marina for pleasure craft and yachts
- The Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel
In Port Louis
- China Town
- Central Market
- Port Louis Theatre
Additional facilities and services
- Hotel boutique
- Free parking space
- Laundry, dry cleaning and pressing
- Non smoking rooms available
- Parcel and postal services
- Foreign exchange
- Medical facilities, doctor on call
- Car rental
- Complimentary water-taxi shuttle between the Labourdonnais and Le Suffren (7:00 a.m to midnight)
- Major credit cards accepted: Mastercard, Visa, Amex
- Extension of stay at a Resort Hotel
The hotel is readily accessible from the airport
- Airport 44 km
- Curepipe 25 km
- Grand Baie 24 km
A free luxury shuttle service is available to Ebene Cybercity 4 times a day from Monday to Saturday.