In the heart of the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve in the North-West Provence of South Africa, a romantic and authentic African Safari Lodge.
The Madikwe Hills lies in the middle of Madikwe, offering guests a huge game drive advantage over other lodges situated on the borders of the Reserve. A stunning safari adventure, Madikwe Game Reserve is home to not only the Big 5, but also over 66 mamal species, including the rare African Wild Dog and Cheetah.
IDEAL FOR: Families, Couples, Honeymooners, Weddings & Groups
What makes the Madikwe Hills unique?
- Private Game Lodge in Madiwe
- Malaria-Free Game Reserve
- Luxurious accommodation with provate plunge pools
- The Ultimate Honeymoon Destination
- Exclusive private safaris at the Little Madikwe
- Rare African Wild Dogs found in this reserve
- Junior Rangers - children activities programme
All meals included with stay
- Dining Room
- Wine Cellar
- Local wines
- Terraced viewing deck with umbrellas overlooking waterhole
- Swimming Pool
- Library – stocked with a comprehensive selection of books
- Internet Facilities – desktop with wireless internet connection available 24 hours
- Satellite Television at the main building in the Lounge
- Traditional Boma
Well stocked with books, clothing, safari gear, handmade knives, shoes, bags, jewellery, postcards and local arts & crafts.
Set your mind at ease and embrace the energy of the bush. A unique spa concept based on a fusion of ancient healing tradition, philosophies and rituals from Africa.
The Madikwe Private Game Lodge signature treatments are concentrates on establishing and maintaining a balance between our body energies.
Fully Equipped Gym
The fully quipped gym with treadmill, spinning bike, rowing machine, fitness flyer, weights and bench, dumbbells and barbells and aerobic mats. Keep up with your fitness regime while you stay at the Madikwe Lodge!
Host your wedding in the heart of the African bushveld! Small intimate weddings from two up to twenty-four guests are catered for at Madikwe Hills, and we pride ourselves on our meticulous attention to detail.
Wedding packages include:
- Minister for the ceremony including preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Ceremony in the heart of the bushveld / main deck of the lodge.
- Witnesses at the ceremony (lodge staff).
- South African Methode Cap Classique sparkling wine for the couple.
- Single layer wedding cake with decoration of choice.
- 30 minute massage for bride and groom.
- Transportation of Bridal couple from lodge to ceremony if in the bush.
- Traditional Tswana dancers to perform at the ceremony.
- Assistance with make-up.
- Pressing of bride and groom garments.
- Wedding turndown.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Madikwe Hills.
- The use of your own personal wedding co-ordinator, who is on hand at all times to make your stay just that more memorable and relaxing.
- Local flowers of your choice.
Photographer, hair dresser, make-up artist and further beauty treatments are on request.
- Game drives in customized 4x4 open vehicles
- Bush Breakfasts and Dinners
Juior Rangers Programme
A unique activity programme for children, where the "Junior Rangers" are given "funwork", not "homework". We have a small awards ceremony at pre-dinner drinks before the adults and certificates are awarded to each kid, stating that he/she is now a Junior Ranger. The kids will learn about the bush by touching elephant dung, looking at tracks and learning about tracking and termites.
Junior Rangers activities
- Madikwe Hills Lucky Packet on arrival at the Lodge.
- Face Painting - become your favourite safari animal.
- Bug Finding.
- Creat My Tree Artwork.
- Treasure Hunt.
- Movie Night.
- Animal Dung Investigation.
- Marshmallow Braai.
- Face Mask Painting.
- Clay Modelling Class.
- Kiddies Club Competition.
- Big 5 Certificate.
Luxury Suites at the Main Lodge:
The Madikwe Hills Main Lodge offers 10 supremely spacious and luxurious suites with a cosy living room with it's own huge slate-clad chimney (perfect for an open fire on cooler nights) leadings into the bedroom with a gigantic pillow-strewn four-poster bed. Lie and gaze upon herds of wandering animals making their way to the watering hole.
Suites have floor-to-ceiling windows, sunbeds in the shade of an acacia tree and a private plunge pool for the ultimate relaxed game viewing dip.
Bathrooms are ultra luxurious with a large deep tub in front of a fold-back window, along with an outdoor private shower.
The Honeymoon Suite
Honeymooners wopn't be able to resist the claw-foot bath tub built into a well-concealed outdoor corner, for a soak under the african sky. The Honeymoon suite offers absolute privacy with it's own view of a nearby waterhole.
Little Madikwe Private Camp
A self contained 2-bedroom Private Villa, accommodating up to 5 guests. The camp has it's own game drive vehicle, game ranger and butler.
By reserving suites 9 and 10, it forms a complete private camp that can accommodate up to 8 guests, ideal for private families and groups.
The Privatre Safari Villa boasts a large swimming pool and is a unique breakaway for an exclusive safari experience.
Open-air decks, plunge pools, luxurious décor, outdoor showers, fireplaces, air-conditioning, and concertina glass doors that open the room up entirely; are all standard in each suite at Little Madikwe Hills.