Situated near the most southern part of Chief’s Island, Moremi Crossing is set on a small palm fringed island called Ntswi, which is enclosed by the Moremi’s game-rich seasonal floodplains.
Forming Africa’s largest wetland wonder, the Okavango Delta with its crystal clear waters are a mesh of meandering and intercepting channels which ultimately creates a haven for Africa’s most celebrated and diversified wildlife.
IDEAL FOR: Families, Couples & Honeymooners
What makes Moremi Crossing unique?
- Eco friendly solar and waste disposal.
- Situated on the southern point of Chief’s Island.
- Spacious en suite tents on raised wooden decks
- Stunning views over the Delta from the main building.
- Dining area with bar and various small lounge areas.
- Mokoro trips, game & bird walks, sunset cruises
- Wilderness camping excursions
- Accessible by mokoro or boat.
- Access by charter from Maun (20 minutes), Kasane (90 minutes).
The main building at Moremi Crossing houses a large open plan deck with promising views of the Boro River onto Chief’s Island. The dining room, bar and lounge are covered by a large thatched roof that hugs the ancient riverine tree line. Smaller, private lounge areas are varied in creating comfort, privacy and spaciousness for guests. Within the tree line guests will also find a nice shaded deck, which leads to the pool. Guests can also pick out some mementos at the curio shop for their memorable stay at Moremi.
At the Moremi Crossing, guests are sure to expect high quality guiding services as well as new custom made boats which offers a more personalized wildlife experience.
Activities on offer:
- Half day or full day mokoro trips with game walks
- Bush walks with picnic lunch
- Wilderness camping and
- Sunset motorboat cruises
16 en-suite and spacious safari tents are found within the property including a family tent and honeymoon tent. Each tent is located on a raised wooden deck with its own veranda, providing beautiful views overlooking the Boro River onto Chief’s Island.