South Africa’s most pristine and exclusive tropical beach experience on the edge of the Kwazulu-Natal(KZN) coastline with plenty activities to enjoy.
A hidden gem located in the Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve in northern Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. The Rocktail Beach Camp provides a contrast of wildlife compared to the african bush with 40km of untouched golden beaches. The reef systems are profilic with soft, hard corals and abundant fish species, including the iconic whale shark, dolphons, turtles and many more!
The variety of bird and fish species found in the area is simply astounding!
Enjoy snorkeling, scuba diving, turtle drives, forest walks, ocean safaris and cultural tours on the coast of South Africa.
IDEAL FOR: Famil Holidays, Divers Vactions, Honeymoons & Business Groups Weekend Break Aways.
What makes the Rocktail Beach Camp unique?
- Amazing natural surroundings and beach.
- One of the best places in the world for scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Child friendly, a family friendly playground!
- Sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach during summer.
- Iconic Whale Shark diving.
- Bird Watching.
- Zulu and Tonga Cultural excursions.
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- Wilderness Safaris.
- Large lounge
- Bar area
- Covered outdoor dining area
- Raised viewing deck with beautiful views across the forest
- Wine cellar
- Curio shop
- Large swimming pool
- Dedicated children’s playroom
- PADI-accredited Dive Centre
- Laundry service
- PADI Scuba Diving Courses
- Turtle Dives
- Forst Walks (guided or unguided)
- Ocean Safari Experience
- Trips to Lake Sibaya
- Gugulesizwe Cultural Village
- Tembe Elephant Park Morning Safari
- Loggerhead & Leatherback Turtles laying
October - March or best time from December to January
- Turtle hatchlings viewing
December - March or best time from February to March
- Whaleshark viewing & diving
October to April or best time from January to February
- Humpback whale viewing
April to October or best time from June to August
- Dolphin viewing
Very good all year round
- Ragged-tooth shark diving
October to May or best from November to May
- Other shark species & diving
Good all year round or best from December - March
- Bird Watching
Good all year round or best from November - March
*Sea clarity & calmness is best from November to May
*Sea Temperature is most comfortable from January to March
Kindly contact us for a full borchure on the Rocktail Beach Camp
The Rocktail Beach Camp boasts 17 en-suite rooms, seven of which are family suites each with a shared bathroom and two bedrooms.
A honeymoon suite has wonderful views over the ocean and forest.