Modern stand-alone open plan suites resting on a hill overlooking the Luvusu River Valley, which boasts 80% of the Krugers' diversity. A scenically beautiful lodge.
The Outpost Lodge lies in the most remote part of the Kruger in the Makuleke Contractual Park, South Africa, a vast wilderness area bordered by Zimbabwe in the North and Mozambique in the East. This Big 5 wildlife park is known for it's abundance of animals and over 350 species of birds.
The Outpost was designed using simple, clean lines, combining steel, concrete and wide open spaces in a comtemporary design. Accommodations at the Outpost are called "luxury spaces" and offer panoramic views of the river and nature reserve below.
IDEAL FOR: Family Vacations, Couples, Honeymooners Holidays, Small Business Groups & Weddings.
What makes The Outpost Lodge stay unique?
- Boasts 80% of the Kruger's diversity.
- Remote location in a less explored area of the Park.
- Spacious accommodations with spectacular views over the river and reserver.
- Arguably one of the most scenically beautiful wilderness areas in the Kruger NP.
- Traces of early humankind found in the area.
- Rated on of the top places to get Married in the World by Conde Nast Bride.
All meals included with stay
Modern Bar & Dining Area
The focal point, defining the lounge and dining areas, offering a cool relaxing alternative to the daybeds and chairs on the terrace overlooking the swimming pool.
Breakfast and lunch is served under cover in the main building with views of the River Valley.
Lunch may be served as a picnic out on safari or on the river banks.
Dinner is enjoyed either in the enclosed courtyard under the stars or on the deck next to the pool.
A large wine cellar, filled with outstanding South African wines is separated from the main dining area by a glass partition.
In-Room Massage Therapies
Appreciate your break in Africa’s untouched wilderness with a relaxing theraputic massage in the comfort of your own luxury space Trained masseuses offer Swedish massages combined with influences from India.
Corporate & Private Groups
Catering for up to 24 guests, The Outpost is an ideal location for your Getaway. With a minimum of 16 guests you can book exclusive use of the lodge and it's facilities and services.
There is something magical about being serenaded by the sounds of the bushveld as you say your vows under an African sky...
Perfect for a reception on a deck overlooking the river and wilderness beyond, a scenic spot under the baobab trees, a romantic corner of a magnificent fever tree forest, or a rocky outcrop high above a spectacular gorge... your safari-style reception. Contact Getaway Africa for further information.
- Top 25 Places to get Married in the World – Conde Nast Bride (Global 2014)
- Best Place to Stay in Africa – Lonely Planet (2013)
- Hideaway of the year – Andrew Harper (USA 2007)
- 101 Best New Hotels – Tatler Guide 2005 (UK 2005)
- 100 Best New Hotels in the World – Conde Nast Traveller (US May 2004)
- One of Five Best Baths with a View – Independent Newspaper (UK April 2004)
- Hottest New Game Lodge – young Rich Travel (Australia September 2003)
- South Africa’s Sexiest Bathrooms – Style (South Africa July 2003)
- Best Safari Lodge – Wallpaper (UK May 2003)
- Morning and Afternoon Game Drives
- Bush Walks
- Walking Safaris
- Birding Safaris
- Makuleke Community Tour
- Thumela Ruins Tour
- Crooks Corner Tour
- Massage Therapies
The Outpost can accommodate up to 24 guests in 12 stand-alone open plan en-suite Luxury Spaces positioned ideally on a hill overlooking the Luvuvhu River.
Spaces are connected by a Zimbabwean teak walkway.
Each Luxury Spaces was designed to make full use of space with state-of the art retractable remote controlled screens offering 180-degrees of uninterrupted views of the Luvuvhu River Valley.
The bathroom (which can be screened off for privacy) with a stone bath and open shower boasts views extending as far as Mozambique.
Space 12 is the Honeymoon Space, situated on the highest point of the Lodge.
- Breathtaking panoramic views
- State-of the art remote controlled weather screens
- Award-winning bathroom with stone bath and shower overlooking the valley.
- Double basin
- King sized bed with goose down duvets
- Mosquito netting
- Lounge and private terrace with daybed
- Eco-friendly cooling system.
- Well stocked mini bar
- Nespresso Coffee Machines
- Mosquito repellent
- Robes & Slippers
- Telephone (coming soon)
- Wifi (coming soon)