The Vambura Plains camp is situated in a private concession leased from the local community in the northern region of the Okavango Delta.
Consisting of 2 identical main camps, the Vumbura Plains Camp sets itself in a new class of accommodation in Botswana with generous spaces and 360 degree views of the surrounding wildlife concession. The camp offers some of the best game viewing experiences in Botswana, located in an area abundant with cheetahs and herds of sable and buffalo in a balance of dry and wet areas.
The rooms at the Vumbura Plains Camp are spread out and closed off to by passers, making it a private retreat to guests. Each room enjoys views over the flood plain, which his very often covered and regularly visited by elephants
What makes the Vumbura Plains Camp unique?
- Ultra modern accommodation in the Okavango Delta, Botswana
- Spacious living areas and rooms overloking the flood plains
- Situated on a private concession
- Land and water based game viewing activities
- A premier Wilderness Camp
- No internet at the Vumbura Plains Camp
Full Board & Game Activities
- Main Area with huge flat deck open on all sides
- 360 degree bar with sunken lounge area with sofas
- Small library with computer (no internet)
Game Viewing at the Vumbura Plains Camp
The annually flooded grasslands of the Okavango Delta surrounding Vumbura Plains are locally referred to as 'melapo' and offer good seasonal viewing of elephant, giraffe, impala, sable antelope, kudu, zebra, common waterbuck and reedbuck, tsessebe, wildebeest, red lechwe and Cape buffalo. Hippo and crocodile are common in the waterways. Predators include the African wild dog, several resident prides of lion, as well as leopard, cheetah and African wildcat. Birding is exceptional all year round.
Activities available at Vumbura Plains Camp
- Monring and Afternoon Game Drives by 4x4 Land Rover
- Night Drives with spotlights
- Mokoro Excursions
- Boating safaris (water-level dependant)
- Fishing Excursions
- Cultural visits to the local community (extra cost)
Each room at the Vumbura Plains Camp is large and luxurious. Raised from the ground, the rooms have amazing views of the flood plains. Each has indoor and outdoor showers as well as an en-suite bathroom. A step down is the lounge area, open on three sides for that iconic view of the floodplains. Additional room features include a private plunge pool and 'sala' – a place from which to watch the passing parade of wildlife or indulge in a soothing massage