Situated on the most spectacular, permanent remote lagoon of the entire Okavango Delta, Xugana Lagoon, within a private concession.
The Xugana Island Lodge is located within a private concession and takes full advantage of this spectacular site with an expansive deck overlooking the vast, pristine body of water of the Okavango Delta. The lodge is dedicated to ensuring that guests have the most memorable trip in Africa.
IDEAL FOR: Honeymoon Couples & Small Business Groups Vacations & Family Holidays.
What makes the Xugana Island Lodge unique?
- Water-based luxury lodge in Botswana.
- Perfect location in the Xugana Lagoon in the Okavango Delta.
- Water-based game viewing and game drive activities (vehicles not possible).
- Bird watcher's paradise.
- Anglers may pit their skill against Bream and Tiger Fish.
- Accommodation up to 16 guests only.
- Lodge only accessable by flight Transfers.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
Dining- An open boma and al fresco dining area overlooks the expanse of the pristine water of the Delta
Lounge & Bar - Set back under an Ebony and African Mangosteen tree canopy in open sided thatched structures
Swimming Pool - Located within the gardens in the centre of the island
Curio shop - Selling authentic curios and souvenirs
Xungana Airstrip - A 20min boat transfer from the airstrip to the camp
Xungana Island Lodge operates on AC 220V generator power (available during the day & evening). Tents are equipped with a 220 volt AC plug, suitable for hairdryers, cameras and video batteries. Power is switched off at night and inverted 12 volt DC lighting provides room and bathroom illumination through the night.
Drinks Policy - All local branded drinks are included in your stay.
Laundry Policy - Laundry service is available daily and included in your stay.
Extras - Curios & tips/gratuities can be billed to the room & settled on check out. Payment accepted by cash (ZAR, US$, British Sterling, Euro and Pula) or the Visa/MasterCard
Gratuity - Tipping at your own discretion. The suggested guideline is US$5 per person per day (Camp Staff) and US$10 per person per day to the Guide
In total the Xungana Island Lodge has 8 large raised reed & tatch chalets:
- 8 x Twin bedded chalets
- 1 x Guide/Pilot room
The Xungana Island Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 16 guests
- Luxurious lagoon facing chalets with sliding glass doors & private viewing teak decks
- En-suitebathrooms (shower, hand basin and toilet)
- Private teak viewing decks
- Fans in all guest rooms
- 220V Plug points
- African bio degradable soaps, conditioningshampoo, hand wash, body lotion with insect repellent and shower caps
- Hairdryer available from the reception
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Battery operated reading lights, desk light and bathroom light
- Small safe
- Emergency air horn
- Guided nature walks
- Mokoro (canoe)
- Motorised boating trips
- Fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
- Exceptional bird watching opportunities
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h30 - Early morning wakeup call
06h00 - Light continental breakfast is served in the dining area
06h30 - Leave for morning activity (approximately 3 - 4 hours)
11h30 - Brunch is served at the dining area
15h00 - Afternoon tea is served in the beautiful open - air patio
15h30 - Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
18h30 - Arrive back at lodge
19h30 - Dinner is served at the dining area
05h00 - Early morning wakeup call
05h30 - Light continental breakfast is served in the dining area
06h00 - Leave for morning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
11h00 - Brunch is served at the dining area
15h30 - Afternoon tea is served in the beautiful open-air patio
16h00 - Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
19h00 - Arrive back at lodge
20h00 - Dinner is served at the dining area