Safari Accommodation in Africa
Xugana Island Lodge
Situated on the most spectacular, permanent remote lagoon of the entire Okavango Delta, Xugana Lagoon, within a private concession. The Xugana Island Lodge is located within a private concession and takes full advantage of this spectacular site with an expansive deck overlooking the vast, pristine body of water of the Okavango Delta. The lodge is dedicated to ensuring that guests have the most memorable trip in Africa. IDEAL FOR: Honeymoon Couples & Small Business Groups Vacations & Family Holidays. What makes the Xugana Island Lodge unique?
- Water-based luxury lodge in Botswana.
- Perfect location in the Xugana Lagoon in the Okavango Delta.
- Water-based game viewing and game drive activities (vehicles not possible).
- Bird watcher's paradise.
- Anglers may pit their skill against Bream and Tiger Fish.
- Accommodation up to 16 guests only.
- Lodge only accessable by flight Transfers.
FACILITIES & SERVICES Dining- An open boma and al fresco dining area overlooks the expanse of the pristine water of the Delta Lounge & Bar - Set back under an Ebony and African Mangosteen tree canopy in open sided thatched structures Swimming Pool - Located within the gardens in the centre of the island Curio shop - Selling authentic curios and souvenirs Xungana Airstrip - A 20min boat transfer from the airstrip to the camp Electricity Xungana Island Lodge operates on AC 220V generator power (available during the day & evening). Tents are equipped with a 220 volt AC plug, suitable for hairdryers, cameras and video batteries. Power is switched off at night and inverted 12 volt DC lighting provides room and bathroom illumination through the night. Drinks Policy - All local branded drinks are included in your stay. Laundry Policy - Laundry service is available daily and included in your stay. Extras - Curios & tips/gratuities can be billed to the room & settled on check out. Payment accepted by cash (ZAR, US$, British Sterling, Euro and Pula) or the Visa/MasterCard Gratuity - Tipping at your own discretion. The suggested guideline is US$5 per person per day (Camp Staff) and US$10 per person per day to the Guide
ROOMS In total the Xungana Island Lodge has 8 large raised reed & tatch chalets:
- 8 x Twin bedded chalets
- 1 x Guide/Pilot room
- Luxurious lagoon facing chalets with sliding glass doors & private viewing teak decks
- En-suitebathrooms (shower, hand basin and toilet)
- Private teak viewing decks
- Fans in all guest rooms
- 220V Plug points
- African bio degradable soaps, conditioningshampoo, hand wash, body lotion with insect repellent and shower caps
- Hairdryer available from the reception
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Battery operated reading lights, desk light and bathroom light
- Small safe
- Emergency air horn
- Guided nature walks
- Mokoro (canoe)
- Motorised boating trips
- Fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
- Exceptional bird watching opportunities
South Africa Kruger Safari
21 Dec 2016
4 Day Kruger Safari - Honeymoon
United Kingdom - self drive
21 Dec 2016
United Kingdom - Self Drive package with flights from Johannesburg
Caroline Steward - Namibia 3 day Sossusvlei Shuttle