How Safe is it to Travel & Tour in South Africa?
Better Safe than Sorry
The following are proved basic safety precautions that all sensible visitors should take to ensure their holidays are as pleasant and safe as possible:
At the Hotel
- Never leave your luggage unattended.
- Safety deposit box are there for all valuables.
- Locked your room when when going out for the day.
- Use venue staff to deliver needed items.
- Hand-in your room keys to the reception desk when you leave the hotel.
On the Street
- Avoid ostentatious displays of expensive jewellery, cameras & other valuables.
- Use credit cards wherever possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash around, use Visa cards at the shops.
- At night don’t go far from your venue, transport close early.
- It’s always better to explore in groups when leaving the regular routes.
- Plan your route beforehand and save transport cost.
- Buy a area map to get the way around.
- A policeman or traffic officer will be glad to direct you, if you’re lost.
- If you want a taxi, your hotel or nearest tourism information office can recommend a reliable service.
In the Car
- Plan your route in advance to save fuel.
- Lock your items in the trunk.
- At night, park in well-lit areas.
- Never pick up strangers, there enough transport available.
- If lost, phone a police station for advise.
- If you are stopped by a policeman or traffic officer, request to see their identification cards and record names and cell number for further information later.
- You will never be required to pay cash to a traffic or police officer for traffic violations or other citations. Fines are only ever paid at Magistrate Courts, the Traffic Department or municipal offices. You will always be issued a formal printed receipt. If you are denied these rights, report the matter IMMEDIATELY to the nearest Police Station.
South Africa is tourist – friendly, comparable wit 5 Star service ,advise and help is everywhere, expect good help from people that’s responsible to supply you of help needed.
Courtesy of SATOUR
South Africa Kruger Safari
21 Dec 2016
4 Day Kruger Safari - Honeymoon
United Kingdom - self drive
21 Dec 2016
United Kingdom - Self Drive package with flights from Johannesburg
Caroline Steward - Namibia 3 day Sossusvlei Shuttle