Johannesburg also known as Jozi, Jo'burg or Egoli, is the largest city in South Africa, in every way. It is the heart of Gauteng, the wealthiest province in South Africa, having the largest economy of any metropolitan region in Sub-Saharan Africa. The city is one of the 40 largest metropolitan areas in the world, and is also the world's largest city not situated on a river, lake, or coastline.
Egoli, the bustling “City of Gold” and its tranquil suburbs has transformed from all that was sordid during the Apartheid years, into the financial capital of Africa. It has become our welcome centre to the world, a city of hopes and dreams and home to 10 million people of all races and cultures.
Popular Attractions close to Johannesburg:
- Sandton Stock Exchange
- Sandton City
- Gautrain Station in Rosebank
- Houghton’s magnificent homes.
- Nelson Mandela’s home and office
- Berea & Hillbrow
- Constitution Hill
- CBD (Carlton Centre)
- China Town
- Bruma Lake
- Mandela Bridge
- Old stock exchange
- SA Reserve Bank (West Street)
- Goldfields Head Office
- De Beers in Marshall Street
- Main Street Mining Offices
- Ghandi Square
- Market Theatre Complex and Museum Africa
- Marshall Square (1st Police Station in Johannesburg)
Where to eat in and around Johannesburg:
- Bombay Blues
- Moyo in Zoo Lake and Melrose Arch
- The Butcher Shop in Sandton
- Browns of Rivonia
- Baccarat in Rosebank
- Gramadoelas Exotic African Restaurant in Newtown
No Entrance fees for the sights on this tour
Our Tour options to this attraction:
Our Johannesburg Tour can be combined with other tours such as Soweto and Gold Reef City
We offer daily departures at 09h00 and 13h00.
Please contact one of our consultants should you need more information on our tour program and booking options.