South Africa Holiday Tour
6 Day Cape Town Tour
Plan your next escape on our exciting Cape Town Tour, visiting the mother city of South Africa on a tour of some of the regions greatest attractions including the Cape Peninsula, Winelands and of course a visit to the top of Table Mountain for the most amazing views of the city with an optional cable car ride (excluded).
Our 6 Day Cape Town Tour is ideal for a short holiday trip from Johannesburg, Durban or for an international trip for tourists around the world as it also includes airport pick up and drop off. All you need to start planning your Cape Town Tour is flights!
Highlights of our Guided Tour of Cape Town:
- Camp's Bay, Hout Bay & Chapman's Peak
- Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope
- Simon's Town, Fishhoek & Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Seal Island Cruise (At an extra cost)
- Penguin Colony (Entrance fee excluded)
- Malay Quarter/ Bo-Kaap
- Green Market Square
- Table Mountain (Cable Car Ride optional)
- Franschoek, Stellenbosch & Paarl Wine Regions
- Franschoek Wine Tram Ride
As a online South African travel agent we can add flights to your tour to offer a complete package. Flights are available from Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth, George and also from neighboring countries including Namibia, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Kenya & Egypt (Other International origins on request).
Tour can upgraded to luxury transport, private tours and luxury accommodations at an additional charge.
- Add a 3-4 day tour of the Western Cape's famed Garden Route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.
- Add a 2 Day Safari to Inverdoorn Game Reserve or Shwamwari Game Reserve
- Add a Whale Route Day Tour (Mid Jul - Oct)
- Add a Shark Cage Diving Excursion
Tours on this itinerary can also be booked as day tours below:
Day 1 - Arrival In Cape Town
On arrival at Cape Town international Airport, you will be greeted by a representative and transferred to your hotel in Cape Town.
No Activities scheduled for this day.
Depending on your time of arrival, we recommend the following activities:
- Visit the V&A Waterfront for shopping, dining in the harbour or take in the vibe from the performing dancers and musicians.
- Take the ferry to Robben Island, and visit the cell Nelson Mandela was imprisoned in the Apartheid's era.
- Visit Camps Bay, a lively beach with Cape Towns best restaurants for a sundowner.
- Go for a hike on the Lion's Head for a 360 degree view of the city, Table Mountain and Atlantic ocean
Day 2 - Cape Town City
You will be collected from your hotel and taken on a tour around the city, a taste of the Mother City, explore the imposing Castle of Good Hope, cottages of the Bo-Kaap, Green Market Square, Company Gardens and Table Mountain. We also visit Signal Hill for a panoramic view of the city.
Day 3 - Cape Peninsula
You will be collect from your hotel for a full day of exploring the wonders of the entire Cape Peninsula.
On this amazing journey around the Peninsula you will start with a visit to Clifton and Camps Bay, where we will be able to see the Twelve Apostles. Driving down the coast we will pass through Llandudno to reach the coastal town of Hout Bay where we will have the opportunity for an optional Seal Island Cruise.
We make our way further down the peninsula driving along the scenic Chapman's Peak Pass (subject to road closures) to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Here we get to see where the oceans meet at Cape Point.
Returning to Cape Town on the east side, we will visit Simon's town with an optional visit to the Penguin Colony (entrance fee excluded). Our last stop is Kirstenbosch Gardens where we will take a tour of the gardens including a walk on the Tree Canopy Walkway.
Day 4 - Cape Winelands Region
You will be collect from your hotel and taken on a tour of the Cape Winelands. Journey into the Cape winelands and witness the process from vineyard to bottle along with a visit to the historical towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek & Paarl.
We start with Stellenbosch, a vibrant town with a very famous university and numerous activities such a wine cellar tours and tastings. Here we have the opportunity to purchase some of the local wines.
Next we visit the town of Franschoek, an old Huguenot village. Named the 'French Corner', with its numerous streets and estates with french names, feeling like you were in France in another era. Here we enjoy a wine and cheese tasting as well as a ride on the town's very own Wine Tram!
After our visit we continue to Paarl, passing Drakenstein Prison, where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment. Paarl offers a great window into Afrikaner culture and tradition, known for its Pearl Mountain, a huge granite rock that makes up the Paarl Mountain. Here we will also do a few more fine tastings at a local wine farm before returning to your hotel.
Day 5 - Free Time
Today is left free for you to explore or join a tour of your choice
We recommend the following activities:
- Dive into dangerous waters on an exciting White Shark Cage Diving trip
- See the great Blue Whales on a Whale Route Tour (Jun-Nov)
- View the city from the sky on a Helicopter Tour
- Spend the day on some of the best beaches in the Cape town at Clifton and Camps Bay
- Go on a safari to the Inverdoorn Game Reserve
- Take a trip to Cape Town's largest shopping centre, Canal Walk, Century City for a full day of shopping
Day 6 - Depart Cape Town
You will be collected from your hotel for your flight back home.
As you leave this stunning city, we wish you a safe journey back home
End of Tour
|Rates quoted per person|
6 Day Cape Town Tour
|IN ZAR||Jan - Mar
||Apr - Sep
Staying at the 4 Star President Hotel or Cape Town Lodge
|from R8,350 pp||from R6,250 pp|
Staying at the 4 Star Victoria & Alfred Hotel
|from R13,875 pp||from R11,150 pp|
Staying at the 5 Star Table Bay Hotel
|from R25,500 pp||from R13,880 pp|
Surcharges may apply over peak periods
|Getaway Africa reserves the right to amend rates brought on by fuel charges or rate changes by supplier without prior notice.|
South Africa Kruger Safari
21 Dec 2016
4 Day Kruger Safari - Honeymoon
United Kingdom - self drive
21 Dec 2016
United Kingdom - Self Drive package with flights from Johannesburg
Caroline Steward - Namibia 3 day Sossusvlei Shuttle