Terms & Conditions
Getaway Africa Adventures CC is a registered South African company - registration number 2002.041268/23 - since 2002 and trading as Getaway Africa.com (hereinafter is referred to as Getaway Africa). The Sole member of Getaway Africa Adventures CC is Miss. Annelie Vermeulen, 150 Buitekant Street, Brackenfell, Cape Town, South Africa, 7560.
1. General Information:
1.1 Getaway Africa shall not be bound by any representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein or agreed to by it in writing. No presentation, term, warranty or condition express or implied shall be considered to be or have been made or agreed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation.
1.2 No indulgence, which the company may grant to any part, shall constitute a waiver of any of the rights of Getaway Africa who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the customer and/or the traveler which may arise in the past or which might arise in the future.
1.3 Should Getaway Africa appoint a tour guide in respect of any tour, then the traveler shall be obliged to comply with all reasonable instructions of such tour guide. Getaway Africa reserves the right to terminate the tour of any traveler who wrongfully or unlawfully fails to adhere to the reasonable instructions of an appointed tour guide, and/or causes any wrongful disruption, disturbance or nuisance to any other traveler, tour group or service provider.
1.4 All travelers shall comply with any prohibition on smoking imposed on any coaches and at any hotels/venues on any tour.
2.1 All travelers are advised to and are solely responsible to take out comprehensive travel insurance and to familiarize themselves with any exceptions and conditions as may be imposed by the insurance company or underwriters issuing the policy of insurance which they select.
Getaway Africa shall not be responsible or liable:
- 2.1.1 for any information which it or its representatives furnish in relation to travel insurance; or
- 2.1.2 for filing/prosecuting a claim on behalf of the traveler against any insurer/ underwriter who has issued a policy to the traveler.
- 2.1.3 for any claim disputed/ rejected by the insurers.
- 2.1.4 for the return of monies paid due to any reason for the traveler not being able to make use of the services. It is therefore critical to have insurance to cover the traveler against any instance.
3. Special Requests:
3.1 Special requests must be made at the time of the booking. Getaway Africa will endeavor to comply with the special requests, which will be for the cost of the traveler, but cannot guarantee that such requests will be met.
4. Exclusions of Liability, Suppliers Terms & Risks:
4.1 Getaway Africa acts as a broker or agent to compile and package tours, accommodation, safaris, and other travel arrangements. We are not the suppliers of these services.
4.2 Getaway Africa endeavors to
- 4.2.1 use quality suppliers among tour operators, hotels, lodges, overland companies, airlines and other service providers that will provide the products featured in Getaway Africa's website as well as.
- 4.2.2 ensure that all services part of the clients' tour be conducted efficiently and according to what is advertised, however, because we have no direct control over this service provided by these suppliers, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, delay, accident, sickness, death, theft or any irregularity that may be occasioned by any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out the arrangements of any tour and/or accommodation, or otherwise in connection therewith.
- 4.2.3 The company will not accept any liability due to changes, omissions and/or delays before or during the course of any published tour occasioned by technical difficulties, weather, strikes, unrest, war or terrorist action, communication breakdowns or any event beyond the control of Getaway Africa. All expenses due to such events, including but not limited to unscheduled extensions or curtailment of accommodation, changes to scheduled flights, additional airfares, telephone, and meals, etc, will be for the customer's account.
- 4.2.4 If it is in Getaway Africa's opinion that the fulfillment of any tour will be considered impossible, illegal or inadvisable due to strikes, war, unrest, weather conditions beyond Getaway Africa's control, Getaway Africa may at any time cancel such tour or what remains of it or make alterations to that route, accommodation, price and/or other aspect thereof as it deems fit, and any losses and expenses resulting from such cancellation or alterations shall be for the account of the customer.
- 4.2.5 All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions specified by each supplier of the different services which the customer contract for in terms of the booking. Getaway Africa will provide on request, the identity of the supplier and such supplier's terms and conditions may include, but are not limited to, provisions regarding the cancellation fees or amendment fees applicable to confirmed reservations, refunds/no refunds for no-shows/ unused services; late booking fees; confirmation of flights, baggage allowance etc. In the case of airlines, the general cancellation fee applicable to tickets issues is 25% (however this can change from airline to airline and type of ticket), the typical baggage allowance for standard airfare is 20kg; extensions of ticket validity is not permitted and the customer must reconfirm her/his flight within 72 hours prior to departure.
- 4.2.6 Except in the event of wilful misconduct or gross negligence by Getaway Africa, neither Getaway Africa nor its representatives shall be liable for any loss, injury, death or damages, due to and arising from any tour and/or travel package set herein.
- 4.2.7 Getaway Africa will not be responsible for any charges that appear on a traveler's credit card, nor accept responsibility for having any of these charges reversed or corrected upon the traveler's return to his/her country of departure and or final destination.
5. Hotels, Vehicles, and services:
5.1 Getaway Africa reserves the right to substitute hotels or tour operators or any other services listed with others of a similar or higher category at no additional cost to the customer, even after commencement of the tour.
6. Travel Documents, Passports, Visas, Vaccinations, Inoculations, and re-entry permits and International Driver's licenses:
6.1 All travelers will be personally responsible for ensuring that they are in the possession of the correct documentation prior to their departure.
6.2 Getaway Africa shall not be responsible for any consequences whatsoever should the traveler fail to ensure that s/he has complied with the necessary health, passport, visa, re-entry permits, or other legal requirements. Due to the constantly changing requirements of each country, Getaway Africa shall not be responsible or liable for any information, which its websites or representatives may furnish to the traveler in relation to the above.
6.3 Should Getaway Africa be required to courier documents; any costs incurred will be for the customer's account.
6.4 If travelers intend to drive a rental car, they should obtain an international driving permit from their local transport authority. The traveler must also be in possession of his/her local driving license and produce both at the car rental check-in counter.
7. Travel Declaration:
7.1 Getaway Africa requires that all foreign payments that are made on behalf of any South Africa travelers, must be deducted from the traveler's foreign exchange allowance. A currency declaration to this effect must be lodged.
8. Advertised Prices on the Website:
8.1 Prices quoted on the website of Getaway Africa was stated on the date that the page was published. Getaway Africa reserves the right to amend and adjust prices from time to time due to increases in airfares, tours, hotel prices, entrance fees, government, and regional levies and taxes as well as currency fluctuations. No price advertised on the website will be guaranteed.
8.2 Airfares are subject to prices and conditions quoted by the airlines and cannot be guaranteed by Getaway Africa.
8.3 All information on the Web Site and price schedules are to the best of Getaway Africa's knowledge correct and belief true. However, Getaway Africa will not accept liability for any errors or any type of inaccuracy contained therein.
8.4 Discounts applicable to minor children (normally under the age of 12 years) are set out on the various web pages of tours and accommodation.
8.5 On confirmation of booking, the customer shall be liable to pay the tour price set out according to the invoice.
8.6 Prices quoted do not include any items or services not specified in the web pages, or Getaway Africa's invoice. Typical items not included may be unless otherwise stated: a tour guide, airport taxes, costs of obtaining visas and passports, telephone calls, laundry, entertainments arrangements, gratuities and portage, meals and drinks, airfares or any other item of a personal nature not specified in the itinerary.
9.1 On confirmation of the booking the customer shall pay Getaway Africa a deposit of the total price as advised on the invoice.
9.2 The balance owing on the invoice must be paid 8 weeks prior to departure.
9.3 In the event of any reservation being completed less than 54 days prior to departure, the total price is due immediately on confirmation and is refunds are according to the invoice and service providers' terms and conditions. We therefore strongly recommend sufficient travel insurance to cover you against major eventualities.
9.4 Getaway Africa reserves the right to cancel any reservation for which payment has not been made by the due date in which event, any deposit paid will be forfeited to Getaway Africa.
9.5 Documentation is only prepared on receipt of full and final payment and completed booking form.
9.6 Confirmation of the booking and payment of the deposit shall constitute acceptance of Getaway Africa's terms and conditions of business. (Please see Account for payments on Getaway Africa Booking Forms).
10. Payment and Penalty Fees:
10.1 Getaway Africa will accept payment for all arrangement in cash or credit card (Visa and MasterCard) only. Payment by Electronic Bank Transfer will constitute in a cash payment. We will not be liable for any bank charges on these payments and clients will be billed if our banks do charge us. Acceptance of credit card and cheque payments are in Getaway Africa's discretion and may be declined without explanation.
EFT payments must only be made into our bank accounts at:
- First National Bank (South Africa)
Account number: 62191939803
Account number: 1357004176
Please use no other bank account.
10.2 Getaway Africa reserves the right to charge a booking fee/or a handling fee that will be included in the total price.
10.3 In the event of the customer canceling their reservation for any reason, such cancellation must be made in writing/email/fax and in such instances, cancellation charges will be levied as follow:
More than 45 days prior to departure: The largest amount between the deposit paid & R500 per item canceled.
45 days - 32 days prior to departure: 75% of total price
31 days or less prior to departure 100%: of the total price
All refunds subject to suppliers cancellation policies:
10.4 Special payment and cancellation conditions may apply for peak periods, all travel arrangements are subject to the booking conditions and cancellation provisions of the supplier thereof.
10.5 Amendments and all cancellations en route must be made directly with Getaway Africa. Please note that en route cancellations and amendments may incur additional fees as determined by Getaway Africa. Any such amounts due as a result of such amendments/cancellations made directly with Getaway Africa are payable directly to Getaway Africa.
10.6 Amendments to confirmed reservations will be processed at a fee of R150 (excluding VAT) for each alteration made to the booking after the initial reservation. If notice of amendments is received within 42 days prior departure, the above cancellations charges will be levied. Administration charges will be levied on all documentation/ vouchers submitted for re-issue or refund.
10.7 No refunds will be made for no-shows, or any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic inclusive tour price, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked arrangements.
10.8 Although Getaway Africa endeavors to ensure that we charge the same rates or often less than the advertised price of tour operators and accommodation locations, we will not be liable for any price difference between our quote and that of the service provider neither shall we refund any of these differences.
South Africa Kruger Safari
21 Dec 2016
4 Day Kruger Safari - Honeymoon
United Kingdom - self drive
21 Dec 2016
United Kingdom - Self Drive package with flights from Johannesburg
Caroline Steward - Namibia 3 day Sossusvlei Shuttle