Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius is an elegant 5 star beach resort set along the sun-drenched, sheltered bay of Flic-en-Flac, bordered by crystalline waters, manicured gardens and one of the most picturesque beaches on the island.
At Sugar Beach Mauritius, we don’t want you to have a normal, average holiday... we want you to be swept away on an exceptional island adventure, punctuated by sensational moments that stay with you forever.
Spread across its vast grounds, Sugar Beach has 258 beautifully appointed rooms available. The rooms vary in size from 40 to 80sqm, and each room boasts a 40” LED flat screen TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, individually controlled air-conditioning, an electric safe, tea & coffee making facilities and more.
Each evening, live entertainment and dancing follow the dinner delights in our main restaurant, the Mon Plaisir. The shows are coordinated to match the evening’s dinner theme, and guests can enjoy traditional Mauritian Sega music and dancing before our DJs take over and you can dance into the early morning hours.
IDEAL FOR: Couples, Honeymooners, Family Vacations and Golfers
What makes the Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius unique?
- Set on the west coast of Mauritius on a 1.5 km stretched sandy white beach with the best sunset views.
- Exceptional gastronomy offered by five world class restaurants
- Best nightlife until the early hours
- One of the biggest kids clubs on the island featuring its own buffet and swimming pool (2-11yrs)
- Fully equipped Fitness Centre and a Health and Wellness Tropical Spa by Cinq Mondes
- The largest hotel pool on the island as well as a second swimming pool designated a 'quiet zone pool'
- Free green fees and shuttle service to the Tamarin Golf Club with an 18-hole championship course designed by American golf architect, Rodney Wright
- Access to Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club with free green fees
- Free WiFi throughout the resort
For more Mauritius Holidays, see our Mauritius Packages
RESTAURANTS & BARS
Mon Plaisir Restaurant
Featuring daily live cooking buffets and a variety of themed dinners. At the heart of this Plantation colonial style hotel, this restaurant offers an extensive buffet with traditional English and Continental breakfasts.
(World seafood cuisine beach restaurant)
Located at the beach front, this restaurant offers a world seafood cuisine for lunch and dinner.
Here, guests compose their own seafood platter from fresh shellfish, mussels, oysters and a variety of handmade Sushi and Sashimi.
(Authentic Italian cuisine)
Oceanside Italian market-place styled restaurant offering light meals, featuring wood fired baked pizza and salads at lunch time and authentic regional Italian cuisine at dinner.
The new Gov’s Flowers at the Lounge, located in the iconic “Manor House”, is Inspired by the spirit of the Plantation style of Sugar Beach with a subtle touch of luxury and refinement to offer an unprecedented experience in the heart of the hotel. The service is reinvented around a floral concept with a personalised and discreet butler service offered to the guests. In the morning, a “Plantation” Continental breakfast is served, in the
afternoon ‘Tea-Time’ is served in a traditional style and in the evening, a selection of cocktails with floral aromas, rum flavoured with hibiscus
or roses are sampled in rolling bars. In a cozy atmosphere, discretion and excellent service are the keywords of this upscaling floral themed
experience. The décor, subtly infused flavours in cocktails and even delicious canapés will make you go through the splendour of the great old mansions from long ago. Noble material, hanging greens and vintage “British chic” furniture make this room an enchanting & emblematic place to meet and relax.
(Bar & pool service)
Located at the beach front, the Tides Bar offers pool side refreshments as well as a comprehensive list of international beverages, specialising in local
island cocktails made with the finest plantation rum produced on the island. At lunch, a light pool side menu is served comprising of snacks, sandwiches, salads and local specialties. As the night sets in, the mood changes to a more sophisticated night spot with live music and entertainment, including local folklore and dancing to the resident DJ.
(Adjacent to Mon Plaisir restaurant)
Located at the entrance of Mon Plaisir restaurant with the Bar inspired by typical French Cafés, it is the ideal meeting place to enjoy a selection
of five different home-made and international beers on the tap. This Bar also serves lunch, afternoon tea and pancakes, aperitif & digestif and a selection of cocktails, rums, whiskies, bourbons and cigars from our Havanas selection.
Open from 06am to midnight
The Sports Bar
Located at the tennis courts, the bar offers refreshments for tennis players and sports enthusiasts. Meet there to watch international sports on a large LED flat screen TV.
Open from 9am to 11pm
Adjacent to Citronella’s Café, the bar serves aperitif before both lunch and dinner.
Open from 10am to 11pm
Beach Trolley Bar
A beach cart providing refreshments and light snacks along the beach for guests to enjoy in the privacy of their own thatched umbrellas.
Open between 10am to 5pm
*Guests of Sugar Beach have access to restaurants and bars at La Pirogue upon reservation.
EVENT & RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
- Up to 294sqm of function rooms for any corporate or private event equipped with the latest equipment.
- Two swimming pools including a 2000sqm Main Pool with a relaxing bubble pool and the tranquil South Pool, calmer and perfect for lounging in the sun between dips in the refreshing water and sipping delightful cocktails.
- A range of free activities including glass bottom boat trips, snorkelling, windsurfing, six floodlit tennis courts.
- A wide variety of water sports with additional fee including scuba diving (PADI open water courses available), water-skiing, big game fishing and full day catamaran cruises.
KIDS & TEENS
Sun Kids Club is free for all children from 2-11 years and provides world-class attractions including ultra-cool and imaginative daily fun programmes, facilities and amenities, twelve hours a day. Children of 2-3 years old need to be accompanied by a parent or a babysitter if they are not toilet trained. Professionally trained nannies are available on request at a fee. Dinnertime provides a special event every evening for kids, with a selection of menus, buffets and barbecues to be enjoyed under the supervision of specially trained hostesses.
Babysitters – available at an extra charge.
Sun Teens offers free membership for 12-17 years old who can enjoy a special programme of sports and recreation as well as adventure outings and excursions. Regular evening get-togethers are organised including beach BBQs around a campfire or a Pizza night. Our Sports Bar, which includes video games, music TV, pool and its own DJ, converts to one of the coolest night time venues on the island.
CINQ MONDES SPA & AURA FITNESS
Cinq Mōndes Spa offers to the guests ultimate health and wellness treatments. Our five main pillars focus on Augmented Relaxation and Beauty treatment for physical and mental recovery, Athleisure & Yoga, Sleep, Deep recovery & Meditation, Aquasensorial treatments and Health & Nutrition.
- Hammam, exclusive in Mauritius
- Heated pool in hammam
- Both single and couples treatment rooms
- Dedicated Shiatsu treatment area
- Fully equipped hairdressing salon for men and women
- 300sqm of air-conditioned fitness centre
- The Martial Arts area caters for fans of Taebo, Kick boxing, Judo and Karate
- Interactive indoor cycling classes are provided with virtual landscape rides through some of the most exciting bike rides of the world
WELLNESS & SPA
Use of Hammam at Cinq Mondes Spa
BEACH & POOLS
- Main pool with a specially designed kids’ area and a relaxing bubble pool
- Infinity pool in a quiet zone
- Beach umbrellas & sunbeds
- Beach & pool towels
- Usage of the Tennis center, Gym & Sport center
- Beach-volley, table tennis, football, Bocci ball and fitness classes (i.e. Pilates, Yoga etc.) and as per hotel’s program
GOLF AT TAMARINA GOLF COURSE
- Free Shuttle transfer and unlimited green fees (18-hole, PAR 72)
- Free access to “Ile aux Cerfs Leisure Island and Ile aux Cerfs Golf Course” including complimentary boat transfer from Pointe Maurice within operating hours
WATER SPORTS AT THE BOAT HOUSE
- Windsurfing, sailing, kayak, zayak, pedal boat, snorkeling, glass bottom boat trip, aqua-gym, and further activities as per hotel’s activity program
258 elegant first class sea facing rooms, garden facing rooms and suites along the famous beach of Flic en Flac, offering a wide choice of different categories dedicated to your personal preferences.
- Room sizes vary from 40sqm to 80sqm
- 40’’ LED flat screen TVs
- Complimentary WI-FI
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Electronic room safes
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Bathroom amenities
- Slippers & Bathrobe
- Mini bar
- Hair-dryer & Electric sockets
Garden Manor House (40 m2)
Ground floor or first floor rooms, with twin, queen size or king size beds, located in the iconic plantation style “Manor House”with elegant tropical flair, overlooking lush gardens. These rooms include a spacious private balcony or terrace.
Sea-Facing Villa (40 m2)
The separate luxurious Creole styled “Villa houses” which are sea facing with twin, queen or king size beds, are nestled in the lush tropical gardens. These rooms are elegant ground floor or first floor rooms with views of the garden and include a private balcony or terrace.
Sea-View Manor House (40 m2)
Ground floor or first/second floor rooms with twin, queen, or king size beds located in the iconic plantation style “Manor House” with personalised butler service. These rooms offer stunning sea views from a spacious private balcony or terrace.
Beach-Front Villa (40 m2)
The separate luxurious Creole-styled “Villa houses”, with twin, queen or king size beds have direct beach access and spectacular sea view. These rooms are elegant ground or first floor rooms and include a private balcony or terrace.
Family Suite (80 m2)
“Family comfort in elegance”
Elegant ground floor rooms with twin, queen or king size beds (2 connecting rooms of 40sqm each) with garden view. They have a spacious private terrace located in the separate luxurious Creole-styled “Villa houses” or in the iconic Plantation style “Manor House”.
Sea-View Family Suite (80 m2)
“Family Lifestyle at its best”
Elegant ground floor rooms with twin, queen or king size beds (2 connecting rooms of 40sqm each) with sea view including a spacious private terrace. These rooms are in the separate luxurious Creole-styled “Villa houses” or in the iconic Plantation style “Manor House”.
Sugar Beach Suite (80 m2)
Elegant first class ground floor suites with king size beds and direct access to the beach. These rooms have spectacular sea view and a spacious private terrace.