Sightseeing Tours from Durban
3 Days Drakensberg & Sani Pass
A 3 day excursion from Durban into the Drakensberg, a majestic and massive mountain range, surrounding the Kingdom of Lesotho. An inspiring journey!!
The Drakensberg Mountain range is one of the most beautiful landscapes in South Africa. Here you will also find the Kingdom of Lesotho, a land locked country within the Republic of South Africa. Trek on horseback into the hills of this small, beautiful country and take in the breathtaking views. Hike down to old forgotten San rock-paintings and learn about old traditions that has kept Lesotho a unique and fascinating destination.
- Gorge walk down to Howick Falls.
- 2 nights at a rustic Working Horse Ranch.
- 3 hour horse ride for amazing photo opportunities.
- Hike down the escarpment to the view old San Rock Paintings.
- 4x4 drive on the spectacular Sani Pass.
- Depart Durban around 8:30am and travel to Underberg. Visit various quaint places of interest in the town
- Enjoy Lunch
- Check in at our accommodation, a real rustic and carefree Horse/Sheep Ranch situated at the foothills of the Mountain with excellent views and real crisp air
- An afternoon Horse Ride for approximately 2 hours to enjoy and appreciate the tranquillity of the Drakensberg Mountain Range from Horseback.
- Freshen up, chill out and enjoy dinner and a few beers/wine
- Breakfast around 07:30am
- A morning drive to Underberg
- Around 09:00am, start the Sani Pass/Lesotho tour in a 4x4 vehicle , visit a very basic Basotho home and have an appreciation of their basic traditional lifestyle
- An opportunity for some real stunning photographs
- Lunch at the highest pub in Africa ( which is for your own account )
- In the late afternoon meander down the mountain pass arriving back around 15:30pm to 16:00pm
- Head back to our accommodation for Dinner and a bit of socializing
- An early start with a light Breakfast around 06:45am
- Pack all your luggage to streamline departure later on in the afternoon
- Around 07:30am a drive to the Hiking venue start point
- A 6 hour Hike with a local community guide to view the ancient Bushman ‘Rock’ Paintings, Waterfalls, Pristine Streams and just suck in the sheer beauty and tranquility of the Drakensberg Mountain Range and an opportunity to get back into touch with yourself.
- A “Packed Lunch” will be arranged for you to enjoy at some scenic spot
|Rates quoted per person sharing|
3 Day Drakensberg & Sani Pass Tour
|In ZAR||Per person Sharing||Per Person Single|
|2017 Rate||R4,880||On request|
|2018 Rate||R5,370||On request|
|Minimum 2 passengers required to confirm departure|
|Prices are subject to change due to airfare increases, currency exchange, fluctuations and any unforeseen circumstances, without prior notice.|
What to pack:
- Good walking shoes or hiking boots
- PASSPORT for entry into Lesotho
- Rainproof jacket or poncho’s are supplied
- Warm clothes for cold evenings
- Camera and plenty of film
- A hat and sun block
- Water bottle
- Swimming costume and towel if you wan
- Spending money for personal items such as curios, water and drinks.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Cameras are acceptable but the guide may request certain scenes not be photographed. Please respect this
- Times given are merely guidelines and can alter based on weather conditions
- Travel insurance is not included and full coverage is recommended
- Tour prices are subject to change at any time but usually annual increases are applied
- Getaway Africa cannot be held responsible for passport left behind but will endeavor to ensure all passengers have not forgotten your passports.
- Please note - unless you have made prior arrangements guests will be returned to the accommodation establishment they were collected from.
South Africa Kruger Safari
21 Dec 2016
4 Day Kruger Safari - Honeymoon
United Kingdom - self drive
21 Dec 2016
United Kingdom - Self Drive package with flights from Johannesburg
Caroline Steward - Namibia 3 day Sossusvlei Shuttle